Patient Financial Services
Patient Financial Services
Thank you for choosing Westfields Hospital & Clinic as your health care provider. We work hard to make your experience with us as pleasant as possible. That commitment extends to our Registration, Billing and Financial Assistance services even after you leave.
Patient Registration, Billing and Financial Assistance Services fall under the Patient Financial Services Department. Your initial Registration is the first phase of your health care experience at Westfields Hospital & Clinic and Billing should be your final phase. To help ensure all phases of your health care experience are positive, we would like to provide you with information about your Registration and the Billing services.
Upon arrival to Westfields Hospital & Clinic, we ask that you check in at the Registration Desk. During the registration process, you will be asked questions by our registration personnel. This information is necessary for patient identification, medical record accuracy and correct and efficient billing. We appreciate your cooperation. All personal information is held in the strictest confidence.
The registrar will collect or update patient demographic information, have the patient sign required forms, scan drivers license, insurance cards and other documents as well as collect co-payments as dictated by your insurance plan or down payments if necessary. It is a good idea to arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time to complete this process.
Patient Account Representatives will ensure that your rights as a patient are respected. If anything is unclear or confusing to you about the billing for services you received, a Patient Account Representative can help resolve your questions. They are available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, by calling 715-243-2600 or stop by the Information Desk in the main lobby and ask to speak with a Representative.
Payment for Hospital and Clinics Services will require patient (or responsible parties) to have arrangement for payment made for their bill. Health insurance coverage including Medicare or Medicaid will be filed on the patient’s behalf with payment assigned to the hospital/clinic. We will also file secondary coverage, if applicable, after the primary has processed your claim. You will be responsible for payment of any remaining balance. If payment is unable to be obtained using the information you supplied, the account will be automatically transferred to “self pay” and payment will be directly requested from you.
Other payment information you should note:
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic will bill according to the insurance contracts, which could be: Hospital Outpatient-a hospital-based outpatient clinic (HBOC) is defined as a clinic providing “outpatient service” as listed on the hospital’s general acute-care. The clinic may be located on or off the main grounds of its hospital, but must be owned and operated by a hospital or system.
- The hospital will collect co-payments as determined by your insurance carrier at the time of service. If you are seen in the Emergency Room, you will be provided services first and will be asked for our co-payment when your care is completed.
- You may receive more than one bill for services. Your physician , surgeon, radiologist, or other specialist will bill you separately.
- Payment for Hospital & Clinic bills is due in full within 30 days of billing.
- If you are unable to pay your balance in full, we will work with you to establish a payment plan according to Westfields Hospital & Clinic Payment Plan Assistance Guidelines. Please contact a Financial Specialist at 715-243-2600 for more information.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express cards are all accepted.
If you do not have health insurance:
- All patients (or responsible parties) are required to make arrangements for payment of their bill.
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic will request a down payment based on the estimated cost of services payable on or before the date of services.
- If you are unable to pay the balance in full within 30 days, a payment plan must be established with a Financial Specialist by calling 715-243-2600 during weekday business hours.
- To learn about health insurance plans that may be available to you, visit the Health Insurance Marketplace at HealthCare.gov or 1-800-318-2596.
Financial Assistance opportunities are available for patients who are unable to pay for their health care services, in full, within the required 30 days of billing. Payment plans with no interest are available to all patients with an outstanding account balance. For additional, discounted financial assistance, patients will be required to complete a Financial Assistance Application. Discounts will be based on certain qualifications such as income, size of family and other sources of payment provided on the application. For additional information or questions about a no interest payment plan or Financial Assistance Application process, patients can contact a Financial Specialist at 715-243-2600.
To request copies of the Financial Assistance Policy or Application by mail, patients can contact our Patient Financial Services Department at 715-243-2600. Free copies of this Policy and the Application are also available linked below. Patients can also obtain free copies of this Policy and Application at all Patient Registration locations at Westfields.