HealthPartners recognized among top 10 in seven categories of sustainability
National awards honor commitment to a cleaner community.
In recognition for outstanding accomplishments in sustainability, HealthPartners received eight Circles of Excellence Awards in seven different categories from Practice Greenhealth, the nation’s leading organization dedicated to environmental sustainability in health care. The awards are given each year to honor environmental achievements in health care.
The Circles of Excellence Awards honor hospitals and organizations for outstanding performance in one specific area. HealthPartners and four of their hospitals won Circles of Excellence Awards. Winning categories included Water, Food, Leadership, Greening the OR, Energy, Waste and Environmentally Preferred Purchasing. These awards highlight hospitals that are pushing the envelope and driving innovation in sustainability performance. There can be up to 10 designees selected for each Circle of Excellence category.
“The Circles of Excellence awards are recognition of the extremely high level of performance in the area of focus for that part of the organization,” said Dana Slade, Director, Sustainability Programs. “The variety of awards we won in 2018 reflects the comprehensive nature of our program. We continue to raise the bar for our organization while improving the health and well-being of the community we serve.”
The HealthPartners organization won 19 Practice Greenhealth awards, including eight Circles of Excellence:
- Amery Hospital & Clinic: Greenhealth Emerald Award; Greening the OR Recognition; Circles of Excellence-Water
- Hudson Hospital & Clinic: Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award; Greening the OR Recognition; Circles of Excellence-Food; Circles of Excellence-Leadership
- Lakeview Hospital: Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award
- Methodist Hospital: Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award; Greening the OR Recognition
- Regions Hospital: Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award; Circles of Excellence-Greening the OR; Circles of Excellence-Energy
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic: Greenhealth Emerald Award; Circles of Excellence Award-Food; Greening the OR Recognition
- HealthPartners: System For Change Award; Circles of Excellence Award-Waste; Circles of Excellence-Environmentally Preferred Purchasing
The awards will be presented at the Practice Greenhealth Environmental Excellence Awards Gala, set for May 9 in San Diego at the conclusion of the CleanMed Conference & Exhibition.
About Practice Greenhealth
Practice Greenhealth is the nation’s leading health care community dedicated to transforming health care worldwide so that it reduces its environmental footprint, becomes a community anchor for sustainability and a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice. To learn more about Practice Greenhealth visit practicegreenhealth.org.