Do something sweet this Halloween and donate candy to troops!
Kids can trade in their excess Halloween candy for fun PowerUp prizes. They’ll also have the chance to write thank you cards to soldiers that will be included in care packages sent with the donated candy to local and overseas military troops.
Last year, communities in western Wisconsin and the Twin Cities traded in more than 2,000 pounds of leftover candy.
During business hours on Thursday, Nov. 1 and Friday, Nov. 2, children and families can stop by the following locations to turn in their treats:
- Amery Hospital & Clinic (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Amery Area Public Library (9 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Hudson Hospital & Clinic (8 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Stillwater Medical Group Stillwater Clinic (8 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Stillwater Medical Group Mahtomedi Clinic (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Stillwater Medical Group Somerset Clinic (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic (8 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
For additional locations throughout the Twin Cities (there are 31 candy trade-in locations in total), visit healthpartners.com/candy.
HealthPartners is the largest consumer-governed, non-profit health care organization in the nation with a mission to improve health and well-being in partnership with members, patients and the community. For more information, visit healthpartners.com.
PowerUp is a community-wide initiative to make it easy and fun for kids and families to eat better and move more. It’s an invitation to us all to create healthy communities and live our best lives possible. PowerUp in the St. Croix Valley and western Wisconsin area is powered by Amery Hospital & Clinic, Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Lakeview Hospital, Stillwater Medical Group and Westfields Hospital & Clinic in partnership with our communities.