Westfields Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission for Critical Access Hospital (2018). As a full-service hospital we offer emergency services, specialty clinics, and maternity services, as well as medical and surgical inpatient and outpatient care.
Westfields Hospital has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval. View our Quality Report.
Westfields Hospital & Clinic recognized for award-winning care
- Recipient of the Healthgrades® Outstanding Patient Experience Award (2018)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades® Patient Safety Excellence Award for 2 Years in a Row (2016-2017)
- Named one of the Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals in the United States by iVantage Health Analytics and The Chartis Center for Rural Health.
- Winner of three Practice Greenhealth Environmental Excellence Awards (2018):
- Greenhealth Emerald Award
- Circles of Excellence – Food
- Greening the Operating Room Award
Hospital Medicine: Our Hospital Medicine providers, supported in part by physicians from Regions Hospital, focus their practice on the care of hospitalized patients and provide better continuity of care for patients. They are specially trained in internal medicine and coordinate communication between all of the physicians involved in a patient’s inpatient care. This includes primary/family medicine physicians and other specialists. As well, hospitalists make rounds on patients multiple times during the day.
Transition Care Unit: When patients have been in the hospital for an illness or surgery and they are medically stable but not quite ready to return to their home we have what is called a Transitional Care Unit (TCU). Our TCU is committed to providing rehabilitation that meets all of the patient’s needs to help them onto their next transition. Our TCU rooms are located with our inpatient hospital rooms. All are private with their own private bathroom. TCU provides skilled therapies from Registered Nurses, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists as well as other therapies as needed or desired.