Community Health Improvement Plan
Community Health Improvement
Many factors influence the health and well-being of a community. It’s not just about disease prevalence or medical care or public health services, it’s a combination of factors including social and economic conditions, available educational services, individual behaviors, and the financial stability and prosperity of a community itself.
Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation Plan
As part of the Affordable Care Act, non-profit hospitals complete a Community Needs Health Assessment every three years. Hospitals must collect input from the community, adopt a plan to address community needs and then report on these activities.
In 2015, a comprehensive, six‐step community health needs assessment (“CHNA”) collaboration was conducted for HealthPartners and its hospitals (Regions Hospital, Lakeview Hospital, Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Westfields Hospital & Clinic, Amery Hospital & Clinic, and Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital) by Community Hospital Consulting. The CHNA utilized relevant health data and stakeholder input to identify the significant community health needs. These hospitals serve similar communities and have overlapping study areas. The system’s study area is defined as Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington Counties in Minnesota and Polk and St. Croix Counties in Wisconsin.
Westfields Hospital & Clinic’s specific study area is defined as St. Croix County, but health data for the remaining counties are used for comparison in this CHNA.
The final list of prioritized needs, in descending order, is listed below:
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Access and Affordability
- Chronic Disease and Illness Prevention
- Equitable Care
Click on the links below to review Westfields Hospital & Clinic community health needs assessment and implementation plan:
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic Community Health Needs Assessment 2015 (Full Report)
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic Implementation Plan 2015
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic Community Health Needs Assessment 2012 (Full Report)
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic Community Health Needs Assessment 2012 (Briefing)
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic Implementation Plan 2012
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic Implementation Plan 2014
For more information contact: WFCommunications@HealthPartners.Com