Community Health Improvement Plan
Community Health Needs Assessment Plan
Committed to helping our communities be healthier, Westfields Hospital & Clinic completes a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) every three years.
In 2018, we were part of a comprehensive CHNA that included all the hospitals in the HealthPartners system. In consult with The Improve Group, the assessment analyzed health data and input from community members to identify the biggest needs.
Those top needs are:
- Access to Care – having equitable access to appropriate, convenient and affordable health care. This includes factors such as proximity to care, access to providers, cost, insurance coverage, medical transportation, care coordination within the health care system and cultural sensitivity and responsiveness.
- Access to Health – the social and environmental conditions that directly and indirectly affect people’s health such as housing, income, employment, education and more. These factors, also referred to as social determinants of health, disproportionately impact low income communities and communities of color.
- Mental Health and Well-being – the interconnection between mental illness, mental health, mental well-being and the associated stigma. Poor mental health is associated with poor quality of life, higher rates of chronic disease and a shorter lifespan.
- Nutrition and physical activity – equitable access to nutrition, physical activity and food and feeding choices. Poor nutrition and physical inactivity are major contributors to obesity and chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and stroke, which disproportionally impact low income communities and communities of color.
- Substance Abuse – the excessive use of substances including alcohol, tobacco, prescription drugs, opioids and other drugs in a manner that is harmful to health and well-being.
View the details of our current CHNA, and see our plan for addressing these needs over the next few years:
You can also view reports from previous years:
To comment or for more information contact: WFCommunications@HealthPartners.Com